Thank you for your interest in our Teacher Diversity funding opportunity. We are excited to learn all about you and your idea!
Teacher diversity within a school yields better outcomes for all students, especially students of color. Yet, less than one in five educators identify as people of color, while students of color compose more than 50 percent of the entire PK-12 student population. If you’re an early-stage innovator focused on recruiting Black, Latino, Asian, Pacific Islander and Indigenous teachers and/or supporting teachers of color so they remain in the field longer, we want to partner with you and help you achieve your vision. To learn more, read about our Teacher Diversity funding opportunity here.
Before you start your application, we recommend that you review this document with all of our application questions. Please note that due to branching logic in the application, you may or may not see certain questions pop up for you. Please use the "Save Draft" button at the bottom of the page to save your progress.
- Application opens: June 23, 2021
- Application supports:
• Webinar: June 30 at 10:00 -11:30 am PT (Registration Link)
• Office Hours:
- Friday 7/23 11:00 - 12:30 pm PT (registration link coming soon)
- Tuesday 8/3 1:30 - 3:00 pm PT (registration link coming soon)
- Application closes: August 6 @11:59 pm PT
- Applicants are notified on a rolling basis if they are moving to the finalist round. All updates will be shared by October 1st
- Phone interviews and reference calls: September 27 - October 20
• Interview supports and guidance will be provided to applicants who are invited to this stage
- Notification of final funding decision: by November 19
If you have an idea for a new, innovative public school launching in 2022 and beyond, please share your contact information and ideas with us.
We are interested in connecting with organizations that are pursuing innovations in response to the pandemic. We're particularly interested in innovations focused on any of the following:
- How parents and families are leveraged as true partners in student learning and support
- How students are leveraging content, experts and experiences that align with their own passions and interests
- How educators are optimizing for time, pace, and instructional methods to better meet the needs of students holistically
- How talent is being configured or reconfigured to better facilitate student learning
- How communities are connecting and leveraging learning opportunities that happen before, during and after school, as well as at home and during summer
- How other approaches and interventions are supporting specific student groups who are adversely impacted by the pandemic
Ultimately, we seek to understand how parents, educators and support organizations partner together to ensure that all students have access to a high-quality education, and wonder how the innovations that emerge today will influence student learning in the future. To learn more about the organizations we have funded to date through this area of focus, click here.
Please share your ideas by filling out the form below.
So you read that we are interested in supporting model providers and want to talk? We're thrilled! Please complete this form by to share your idea. Someone from our team we'll get back to you shortly.